Ad Disclosure: We receive referral fees from advertisers.
Who is DebtHunch? They aren’t a lender. They appear to be a lead generator selling to companies like Gold West Financial. They are primarily selling to debt settlement companies.
You probably received a mailer with a personalized debt consolidation analysis offering a savings of $667 per month with a 0% interest rate and promising to save you $71,550.
Seems a little good to be true?
And off you go looking for reviews.
Is Debthunch Legit or a Scam?
Crixeo.com awarded Debthunch a 2-star rating (data collected and updated as of October 6, 2021). We hope the information below will help you make an educated decision on whether to do business with Debthunch.
- Debthunch is not a lender.
- It appears that Debthunch is operating a typical bait and switch scheme – but not for themselves – for their lead buyers. They lure you in by sending you direct mail with a offering a ridiculous 0% interest rate to consolidate your high-interest credit card debt.
- Debthunch doesn’t tell you that you need excellent credit to qualify for a loan with that low-interest rate (which you have been supposedly pre-approved for).
- While the Debthunch mailer offers incredibly low rates, the licensing information on their site discloses that they are only licensed in California with a Finance Lenders License.
- Their disclosure clearly states INFORMATION FROM YOUR CREDIT REPORT WAS USED FOR THIS OFFER. WE WILL…