Good morning, neighbors! It’s me again, Sean Peek, your host of the Norfolk Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Humid with a shower in places. High: 74 Low: 68.
Here are the top stories today in Norfolk:
- Norfolk man Frank McMillon warns of car scam that could cost you thousands. The scam starts when someone receives a text message that reads, “Drive your car/truck with our small sticker and get $600 weekly from Zipcar.” The Better Business Bureau has a service called Scam Tracker where you can check for scams, research them and most importantly, report them free of charge. (wtkr.com)
- Police in Chesapeake are looking for a suspect after a shooting left a man dead in a car. On Saturday, around 2:43 p.m., law enforcement responded to the 4000 block of Brookland Drive after receiving reports of a shooting and an injured person. When officers arrived, they found a man had been shot and killed in a car located in a parking lot. (13newsnow.com WVEC)
- Police have identified and charge 19-year-old Kelvin Derrick King Jr. after a high-speed chase from New Kent Co. to Norfolk. (13newsnow.com WVEC)
- The City of Norfolk reportedly has the best-tasting water in Virginia. Norfolk’s Department of Utilities won the top prize in the “Best of Virginia Tap Water Taste Test” held at the 2021 American Water Works Association Distribution System Rodeo in Virginia Beach. (wtvr.com)
- Richard A. Tucker Memorial Library opens in Campostella area of Norfolk. (wtkr.com)
Today’s Norfolk Daily is brought to you by…