Americans have received direct payouts from stimulus checks thrice, the most recent being $1,400 checks in March. Those checks, however, were one-time payments. The American Rescue Plan has undergone three adjustments that will assist you in paying particular recurring debts.
Fourth Stimulus Check: Internet Assistance
According to Fox Baltimore, many individuals are unaware that the stimulus package has a provision that provides a $50 reduction on broadband internet bills. This initiative will end only if the government declares the COVID-19 epidemic to be finished or if the program runs out of money. To find out how much money was remained in the program, we contacted the Federal Communications Commission. The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program began with a $3.1 billion budget. The program has $2.9 billion left as of July 30, 2021.
Maryland has 62,176 homes participating in the program. The software will also assist you in obtaining an internet-connected gadget. Who qualifies is as follows:
- If your income is at or below 135 percent of the federal poverty level;
- You have free or reduced-price school lunch or school breakfast benefits;
- You have a Pell Grant from the federal government;
- You have been unemployed and financially bleeding since February 29, 2020;
- Your typical household overall revenue was $99,000 or less for single taxpayers and $198,000 for joint filers last year;…