Hyderabad: Social Media has its own set of unique risks, whether it’s phishing attacks, protecting corporate accounts from compromise, fighting fraud or defending against social engineering scams like impersonating accounts.
Social media accounts are susceptible to exploitation, probable attacks that can happen are (a) #HashtagHijacking (b) Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) & Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) (c) Pharming (d)Phishing and ClickJacking (e) Identity Theft and (f) Impersonation.
A few red flags:
Whether it’s a quick money or copy product or work from home or an impersonation or a quick job on social media, few red flags, that you should notice are:
* It sounds too good to be true
* Promising guaranteed with very high returns
* Pressure to buy/accept Immediately “Expires Today”
* Affinity Fraud – Advertisements by Paid Social Media Influencers
* You are paying in advance
A few social media frauds:
* Work from home frauds – Homemakers and students (victims) are prompted to pay a processing fee to gain large sums of money and the scammers pretending to be officials from law and enforcement agencies collect the money by the way of social engineering for errors they have made during the work from home tasks
* Advertisement Frauds – Social Media market places are popular destinations for fraudsters where copy products (replica) are displayed and sold. Many never dispatch the products and they don’t provide ‘Cash on Delivery’ Feature.
* Job frauds “Open to…